Where did Kevin and Ronald have their outboard motor fight in THE DEEP?
The fight between Kevin and Ronald occurs late in the film but a deleted scene in the extended TV version shows David (Nick Nolte) and Gail (Jacqueline Bisset) walking through the cottage before they meet Kevin at what the novel called "Kevin's lunch".
|Deleted scene where David (Nick Nolte) and Gail (Jacqueline Bisset) meet Kevin (Robert Tessier) (Source Sony Pictures)|
The scenes at 'Kevin's lunch' captured the appearance of a former Quarantine Station before it was renovated in the late 20th century. The Quarantine Station had previously been at Nonsuch Island and was moved to Coney Island in 1914.
The former Coney Island Quarantine Station viewed from Treece's Lighthouse as filmed in 1976 (Source Sony Pictures).
Rider's Bermuda reveals one of Bermuda's 17th century officials was a Governor Coney and that the entire island once produced tobacco. However, another source says Coney Island was named after the coney fish that were once abundant in the area. One of Bermuda's earliest maps (1654) shows the area was once called Cony Ila.
|Robert Tessier fights off real metal blades at the old Coney Island Quarantine Station (Source Sony Pictures)|
Nick Nolte and Jacqueline Bisset reached "Kevin's lunch" by crossing the historic Coney Island Bridge. A bridge has existed here for approximately 400 years and was one of the first three bridges to be built in Bermuda.
A series of large concrete pylons run alongside the bridge and in the frame below they are visible behind Kevin continuing across the harbour.
|Looking west at the remains of the Bermuda Railway from the side entrance of 'Kevin's lunch' (Source Sony Pictures)|
If you visit remember Coney Island was pretending to be St. David's Island and the exterior set of Treece's Lighthouse once stood on the small hill directly opposite "Kevin's lunch".
|'Kevin's lunch' on the shore of Coney Island with the Treece's Lighthouse set on the hill above (Source Sony Pictures)|